Well I guess the bosses were serious when they said we had to work five straight days right after the holidays. Is it wrong that I think there should be obligatory company sponsored pizza parties and happy hours every day during the week after a break to ease us back in?
Say, that’s not a bad idea. I might bring it up at tomorrow’s staff meeting.
The cat would also like in on the happy hour business.
In honor of making it through this first week of 2011, I thought I’d entertain you with my answers to a poll that the lovely and hilarious Holly tagged me in.
Four TV Shows I Watch
- Mad Men (ie, the best show on TV. No joke. It’s on AMC. You should catch up on episodes, I’m telling you.)
- Modern Family
- The news (yessir, I do)
- The Real Housewives (what? It makes me seem totally normal!)
And I can always use something in my life that makes me seem more normal.
Four Things I’m Passionate About
- My family
- Belly laughing
- Really good food
- Theatre (and acting in general)
Yes, that’s me. “Pregnant”. On stage. Ahhh, the glory days.
Four Words/Phrases I Use Too Much
- “You don’t know me, I do what I want.”
- “Mmhmm, mmhmm, mmhmm” (in an affirmative tone. Tough to type out, apparently.)
- “Right??” (the boss started it at work. What? It’s catchy!)
- “Oh girl, I want to email you so nice.” (click here and I dare you not to laugh)
Four Things I’ve Learned From the Past
- Richard Simmons hair is only a good look when you’re two years old- I would know.
- Sleeping past 10 am is overrated.
- Appreciate college while you’re still in it. Cliche? Absolutely. True? Without a doubt.
- Things can always get worse. And they can always get better.
Four Things I’m Looking Forward To
- A cocktail date I have set for later this week with a friend.
- Daylight lasting past 4:30 pm.
- The Superbowl- no matter who plays.
- Vacations to New Orleans and Mexico later this year.
Four Things I Love About Winter
- The fact that you can pass off a chunky sweater as dinnerwear. At least I like to.
- Blankets. Lots of blankets.
- Getting snowed in.
- Labskause (Scandinavian beef stew). It only seems appropriate when the weather is straight up cold.
Tag Four People To Play Along
- Katie because she’s bound to have tons of hilarious anecdotes to share. Even though she’s a Packers fan.
- Madeline – I’m sure her awesome new job has spawned a bunch of great stories.
- The lovely and sweet Courtney.
- Andrea – I always want to know what she has to say!
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .