Being a Good Girl

May 27, 2011 at 9:13 pm 13 comments

Ha.

Don’t laugh at that title.

Not every day of mine is filled with dance parties and inappropriate YouTube videos  and shot glass rings.

Ok, so most of them are.

Nothing like getting proposed to with a shot of Patron.

(Mom, don’t worry.  I think he was gay.)

Can you blame me?  I mean, this is pretty much what my brain looks like every day:

Well, minus the stripping down to my skivvies and dancing on a photocopier.

This weekend promises to be a crazy one.  Memorial Day weekend is probably my favorite weekend of the year.  You know, assuming the weather holds up.

Tomorrow = giant house party.
Sunday = Cubs game with Amy and a bbq at my friend Kara’s house.
Monday = beach time.

Heck yes.

That means, for the sake of my liver, waistline and wallet, I need to be a good girl and coop up in my apartment for the night.

I’ve got a nice, balanced, healthy meal of roasted veggies.

I’ve got snacks.

I’m planning on roasting them- I promise it’s more snacky than eating them straight out of the can.  Nope, I’ve never done that….

And I’ve got chick lit to go with my chickpeas.

Although, let’s be honest- I’ll probably just end up watching Bravo.  It’s my way.

Over the Hump A Love Letter to my Hacker

• 1. Jenn (eating bender)  |  May 27, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Your pictures always make me smile. :) It sounds like you have a lot of fun planned this weekend. Monday especially is supposed to be warm and gorgeous. I can’t wait!

Chickpeas + chick lit = a combination I need to try!

• 2. lowandbhold  |  May 27, 2011 at 9:59 pm

I miss bravo so much. I can’t believe they don’t play the RHW episodes online.
    I’ve eaten chickpeas straight out of the can before. Not too bad. Well, I rinsed them first. Then put them on a salad, but several went straight into my mouth.
    Have a fun weekend!

• 3. Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy  |  May 27, 2011 at 10:31 pm

I would watch pretty much anything Bravo puts on TV, it”s kind of a sickness.
    A sickness filled with catty women with too much money and who live their drama-fueled lives out what feels like just for me. Which is kind of great.

• 4. Katie  |  May 28, 2011 at 1:03 am

Oooh, telll me what you think of that book when you finish. I’ve never read any Sophie Kinsella.

I’d say yes to a Patron proposal. That’s expensive Sh**.

• 5. Amy @ Second City Randomness  |  May 28, 2011 at 8:35 am

I feel so well-rested right now. Hooray!

• 6. simplyshaka  |  May 28, 2011 at 9:51 am

Omg I’ve never gotten proposed to with a shot of Patron but not now I’m on a mission! Grey Goose would be acceptable as well.

Twenties Girl was a great book but like you, get sucked into Bravo. I just gave up cable and don’t know what I’m going to do to get my RH fix. I hope to hell they show it on Hulu, if not, its time to make friends with someone who watches it

• 7. Leah @ Why Deprive?  |  May 28, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I kind of really love laid back nights to myself like that. Its what I was supposed to be doing tonight – until my mom offered to cook me dinner. What kind of fool turns down free food?

• 8. Megan  |  May 31, 2011 at 12:52 pm

A damn fool, that’s who. :)

• 9. Paige @ Running Around Normal  |  May 29, 2011 at 11:00 am

Ha! Have fun today at the Cubs game, girl! Hopefully the rain doesn’t come in!

• 10. Megan  |  May 31, 2011 at 12:52 pm

We got really lucky, actually! That rain was ridiculous!

• 11. Jen@jensdaily  |  May 31, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Hope you had a great weekend!!!

• 12. A Love Letter to my Hacker « Braise the Roof  |  May 31, 2011 at 8:36 pm

[...] out my plan of staying in and being good on Friday night was an excellent idea.  I was able to get a good night’s [...]

• 13. holly  |  June 6, 2011 at 10:51 am

we lead eerily parallel lives.