Most Overheard

June 6, 2011 at 10:43 pm 16 comments

My camera totally broke over the weekend.

Sad Panda.

(source)

No, it’s not true.

My camera is fine, you guys.  A little world-weary and showing its age around the edges, but completely functioning.

Why would I lie to you?

Here’s the thing- I may have forgotten to take a single picture over the weekend.

Like when I went to Sono Woodfired for dinner on Saturday night.

Or when I enjoyed a beer or two and a bavarian pretzel at Maifest in Lincoln Square on Sunday.

(source)

Good thing other people take pictures of these things or I’d look like a real chump.

For lack of photographic evidence of my weekend, I will instead delight you with a series of the most memorable quotes from the weekend:

“I’ve been trying to get the staff to dance, but some of them are wearing heels.  And this one just won’t perform.”

“Does that guy know he’s wearing a tank top?  Shh, just watch.  I want to see what happens.”

“I’ll have a small, traditional stein please.  No, not the Hofbrau.  I’ll just take the PBR.”

“Pizza really isn’t bad for you when it’s topped with arugula.  I mean, that basically makes it a salad.”

Photos or not, there’s always something to remember the weekend by.

Now You Have No Excuse It’s About Time

• 1. Leah @ Why Deprive?  |  June 6, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Well it sounds like you had a fun weekend, even if you don’t have any photographic evidence to prove it.

• 2. Katie  |  June 7, 2011 at 12:13 am

I have to agree about the arugula thing.

You’re about as good at lying as I am. I’ll leave it up to you to decide if that is a compliment.

• 3. Megan  |  June 7, 2011 at 11:03 am

Well yeah. I mean, we’re all narcissists here, so if you’re comparing me to yourself it’s gotta be a good thing, right? ;)

• 4. greensandjeans  |  June 7, 2011 at 5:36 am

I feel that sometimes forgetting the camera means the weekend was extra spectacular.

• 5. Amy @ Second City Randomness  |  June 7, 2011 at 6:13 am

Since hanging out with you, I’ve been convinced that pizza and nachos are ok bc they’re “practically” salad.

That’s why I heart you.

• 6. Megan  |  June 7, 2011 at 11:02 am

I am happy to help by passing on my delusions to others. :)

• 7. Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy  |  June 7, 2011 at 7:30 am

The sad panda made me almost spit out my coffee, and for that I thank you. xo

• 8. Paige @ Running Around Normal  |  June 7, 2011 at 8:15 am

LOL love the tank top one. My friends and I used to keep a “quote book” and bust it out every time something hilarious was said. We still refer to it when something said needs to be remembered!

• 9. Shanna, like Banana  |  June 7, 2011 at 9:47 am

Agreed girl. I top my pizza with tons of veggies (and arugula) and call it a salad. Sometimes it’s the healthiest I eat all week..heheh

• 10. lowandbhold  |  June 7, 2011 at 10:57 am

The last one is true right? Don’t burst my bubble.

• 11. Megan  |  June 7, 2011 at 11:02 am

Yes, my dear, it’s true. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

• 12. Tiff  |  June 7, 2011 at 11:31 am

Arugula pizza a health food? Sure, works for me!

• 13. Chrissy  |  June 7, 2011 at 4:11 pm

haha hey I recognize some of those statements :)

• 14. Megan  |  June 7, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Haha, yes you do! :)

• 15. Sana  |  June 7, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I am happy you did not actually break your camera, I would be so sad without mine.
    I am suddenly that girl who takes pictures of everything!

• 16. Jenn (eating bender)  |  June 7, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Pictures come and go but memorable quotes last forever.

I don’t think that’s actually a saying but I thought maybe it could apply here. :) Love the one about the arugula pizza salad!