Oh, Sweet Weekend

June 13, 2011 at 9:03 pm 11 comments

One of my favorite things about summertime is the obscene number of street fests on any given weekend all over the city of Chicago.

This weekend was the Wells St Art Fest (one of my favorites of the year),

(source)

And North Center’s Rib Fest.

I actually worked all day on Saturday at the Art Fest at one of the watering holes on Wells St, but I attended both festivals on Sunday as a paying reveler.

Would you expect anything less of me?

My summer is not complete unless I do every. single. thing. possible.

Clearly.  Just you wait to see what summer has in store, friends.

So, at Rib Fest, the emphasis is on ribs.  Did you already guess that?  Good, you’re smart.

I stopped at this tent:

I don’t think the guy behind me wanted to be in the picture.

Too bad, sir.  Too bad.

Since I had already purchased a (very expensive) beer, I opted for a pulled lamb sandwich instead of ribs.  It was a good choice- pulled lamb is definitely a new thing to me!

And I even managed to eat the whole sandwich while I cradled my still full beer under my arm without spilling anything on myself.

I probably wouldn’t win a rib-eating contest, but if they had one for “most agile eating” I bet I could own it.

The weekend came and went far too fast, as they’re wont to do, but I’m glad I got some bbq and sun for a fleeting moment.

And I have a pink nose to prove it.

Until next weekend, at least I’ve got good food to replace the Bud Light and funnel cake coursing through my veins.

Farewell, sweet weekend.  I shall see you on thither flip side.

Caribbean Chicken and Rice It’s Not Funny

• 1. Shanna, like Banana  |  June 13, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Chicago summers are truly the best. I loved wandering the Taste of Chicago or spending most of my time near the Lincoln Park beach…ahhh

• 2. Amy @ Second City Randomness  |  June 13, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Pulled lamb? Man… I totally missed out.

• 3. Megan  |  June 14, 2011 at 9:59 am

Yeah, yeah, you did. ;) Don’t worry, there will be more. I have a street festival addiction problem.

• 4. Katie  |  June 13, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Thither weekend will be amazing. Already looking forward to it.

• 5. Leah@whydeprive.com  |  June 13, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Those are some serious eating skills. I’m impressed – I totally would have spilled.

• 6. Paige @ Running Around Normal  |  June 14, 2011 at 6:33 am

That guy is giving you quite the stare down!
    What a lovely weekend:) I wish Chicago weren’t a 2 hour drive from me!

• 7. Megan  |  June 14, 2011 at 9:58 am

Me too! You should drive up for one of the fests this year!

• 8. Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy  |  June 14, 2011 at 8:39 am

I love lamb. I also love lamp.
    Looks like you had a great time :)

• 9. lowandbhold  |  June 14, 2011 at 10:18 am

I love festivals! Think I’m going to a veg food fest this weekend.

• 10. Cait's Plate  |  June 14, 2011 at 3:16 pm

I’ve never been to Chicago but it looks amazing. My boyfriend is taking a business trip there this week and I was supposed to go with him but it didn’t work out :( Hopefully I can get there some day and enjoy some of the delicious eats!

• 11. Stayin’ Alive…er, Awake « Braise the Roof  |  June 21, 2011 at 6:45 pm