Herbs or Rocket Fuel

September 15, 2011 at 5:18 pm 15 comments

There are a lot of reasons for my mom to be proud of me.

I eat my vegetables.

I get eight hours sleep every most nights.

I choose quality literature over trashy Bravo TV at least once a year.

And lately, I’ve become very good at taking my vitamins.

Along with my B-complex, D and C vitamins, I take a daily probiotic and a few drops of this oregano oil.

In case you haven’t heard, oregano oil is reallll good for you.  Like, better than a glass of wine, Snickers bar and a massage good.

Ok, it tastes like old person’s mothballs.

Not that I actually know what old person mothballs taste like, but let’s just say for argument’s sake that they have similar flavor profiles.

But it’s good for you.  Just ask my sister.  It cured her asthma.

Anyway, I went to dispense my drops this afternoon and noticed this:

What is in this stuff?  How did it eat through the rubber stopper?

Is it herbs or lighter fluid?

It could be tearing a large hole in my liver.

Or else I’ll develop super powers and live forever.

I’ll take my chances.

I’ve always wanted to be able to pull off the spandex underpant look.

Like I Needed Another Reason To Go Back I’ll Drink To That

• 1. Amy @ Second City Randomness  |  September 15, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Thanks to the wonders that stuff did on my zit, I’ve also got Mon hooked on that stuff… ha ha

• 2. Megan  |  September 16, 2011 at 10:14 am

Haha, yesss! That’s awesome.

• 3. Jessica @ Stylish Stealthy and Healthy  |  September 15, 2011 at 7:11 pm

what… I need to know everything about this super-power pimple clearing elixir. Does it pay off credit cards??

• 4. Megan  |  September 16, 2011 at 10:14 am

Yes, and it will birth and raise your children.

• 5. Molly@hungryhungryrunner.com  |  September 15, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Lighter fluid debate aside, have you chosen a super hero name just in case? It might be a good idea to have something ready just in case. :)

• 6. Katie  |  September 15, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I’d probably not take that anymore. But what do I know. I just don’t ingest things that burn holes in rubber.

• 7. Kelly  |  September 15, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Didn’t you hear? Spandex underpants are totally back in style.

• 8. Megan  |  September 16, 2011 at 10:14 am

I have impeccable timing, always.

• 9. goodsensegoodhealth  |  September 15, 2011 at 10:08 pm

I TOLD you it was potent stuff…must listen to your big sister. And please don’t do the underwear thing…I ran around in my Wonder Woman Underoos and people are still talking about it….

• 10. Megan  |  September 16, 2011 at 10:13 am

Yeah, but that’s because it was last week. ;)

• 11. Leah @ Why Deprive?  |  September 15, 2011 at 11:24 pm

That stuff is crazy. I need to start taking it.

• 12. Paige  |  September 16, 2011 at 8:03 am

Hey you’ve got me beat in the tv department!
    And yeah- that’s pretty scary!! I’d pry chance it too though ;)

• 13. lowandbhold  |  September 16, 2011 at 10:51 am

Haha, that just means it’s killing all the harmful germs right? I suck at taking vitamins. I do it maybe once a month.

• 14. Tiff  |  September 19, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I’ve never heard of that stuff, but if I can wear a cape after taking it, I’m all in.

• 15. SIL  |  September 19, 2011 at 2:07 pm

I always wanted to be one of the X-men.