…please enjoy this random cop-out list of things that are on my mind today.
1. I never know what to say to people who are running races in order to wish them well. As a person whose past and present is deeply entrenched in the theeaatah, I am accustomed to saying “break a leg”. This seems cruel and unusual to say to a runner, but I am pre-conditioned to thinking that saying “good luck” will actually result in bad luck.
These are the things that keep me up nights.
2. Bill Murray is just as, if not more, awesome than he was during the What About Bob? days.
Not only did he throw out the first pitch at opening day at Wrigley, he also ran the bases and slid into home plate.
3. Remember Adidas Samba shoes? I wore them, mm, I don’t know, 80% of the time between 1995-1996.
After the initial fad wore off, Adidas came out with the “Samba Millenium”, which had a longer tongue and, in my opinion, lost some of the magic.
Well, guess what? They still. make. the. original.
I kind of want to buy a pair. And wear them with stirrup pants and an over-sized “Save the Whales” t-shirt.
(If you are too young to fully comprehend that look, don’t tell me, I want to maintain the illusion of youth I’ve got going on here)
4. I think I’m becoming obsessed with this cauliflower:
It seems like “popcorn caulflower” is making the rounds on the internet and this is my version. It’s more like cauliflower kettlecorn, though.
Recipe to come, I promise.
5. Have you heard of the Fairy Hobmother? I’ve heard about the lore, even seen a few posts surrounding him/her/it. To the best of my understanding, the mission of the FH is to spread joy over the internet by randomly offering bloggers/readers gifts. All well and good, but last week I was actually contacted by the Hob!
“I stumbled across your blog today and you are completely 100% correct, beer does taste best on Sundays. I would stake my tiny winged reputation on it!”
And with that, offered me a gift certificate to Amazon simply for helping spread the love!
Totally made my day. Feel free to leave a comment about something that you wish someone would randomly gift you with- maybe the Hobmother will strike again!
6. I miss early-mid 90’s rock.
The Spin Doctors.
Stone Temple Pilots.
Big Head Todd and the Monsters.
Although I have seen both of the last 2 in concert over the last 5 years…
So really maybe I just miss my Adidas Sambas.